How to regularise a vehicle deregistered for failure to renew a registration (car sticker)
Service des Titres de Circulation
23, Avenue Albert II
MC 98014 MONACO CEDEX
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office :
(+377) 98 98 80 14
Fax : (+377) 98 98 40 36
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
All registrations are valid for a limited period, until 31 December of the current year, with the exception of new registrations made between 1 October and 31 December, which are valid until 31 December of the following year. The date of validity is stated on the registration certificate and on the sticker affixed to the registration plate.
Every year, the registration renewal campaign makes it possible to request renewal of the vehicle registration sticker for the following year, on payment of the corresponding fees.
If no payment is registered by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office by 31 December, a late payment penalty per vehicle, the amount of which is set by Ministerial Decree, is payable from 1 January of the following year. In this case, a letter giving formal notice of payment for the renewal of registration, within one month before the date of the end of the sticker renewal period, will be sent by registered post with acknowledgement of receipt. If payment is not made, the vehicle will be removed from the registration file.
This means that the car may no longer be driven and that the registration certificate and licence plates must be returned to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office.
Regularisation of a vehicle that has been deregistered is essential in order for it to be driven again with a new registration, it being understood that the same number may be kept.
There is a fee associated with this service - Please see STC - Tarifs 2020 en vigueur
Formulating the request
The request for new registration of a deregistered vehicle must be sent to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office using the appropriate form, duly completed and signed, specifying whether the applicant wishes to keep the same number.
The form may be:
Application to register a vehicle (STC001) (385-0001_03-2020)
Application to register Z or TT series vehicles (385-0007_03-2020)
Application to register a professional vehicle (STC007) (385-0040_03-2020)
Application to register a long-term rental vehicle (385-0046_01-2020)
- Collected from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office
Collating the documents
The request request for new registration must be accompanied by the following documents:
- A copy of a valid ID document (ID card or national passport with proof of address, or residence permit) or a copy of an extract from the Trade and Industry Registry dated of less than 3 months
- The registration plates
- The original copy of the registration certificate
- The payment, to be made by cash, cheque or postal order (clearable in Monaco or France), made out to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office and Visa or Mastercard bank cards only, in accordance with the current fee schedule
Submitting the application
You should submit the complete application without appointment to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office. A receipt for payment will be issued.
Collecting the documents
The new registration certificate and the registration plates are available within 72 hours of receipt of the file, at the reception desk of the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office on presentation of the payment receipt.
- Application to register a vehicle (STC001) (385-0001_03-2020) 426 kB
- Application to register Z or TT series vehicles (385-0007_03-2020) 449 kB
- Application to register a professional vehicle (STC007) (385-0040_03-2020) 448 kB
- Application to register a long-term rental vehicle (385-0046_01-2020) 520 kB
- STC - Tarifs 2020 en vigueur 181 kB