How to register a trailer weighing ≤750 kg or a light tow bar
Service des Titres de Circulation
23, Avenue Albert II
MC 98014 MONACO CEDEX
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office :
(+377) 98 98 80 14
Fax : (+377) 98 98 40 36
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
A trailer with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 750 kg or less does not need to be registered separately but must have a registration plate on the back, matching that of the vehicle towing it.
The same applies to light tow bars (such as those used to carry bikes). These must have a registration plate on the back, matching that of the towing vehicle, if the dimensions of the tow bar and the load mean that the towing vehicle’s registration plate cannot be seen from the rear.
The rear plate, which is identical to that of the towing vehicle, accompanied by an undated sticker, will be issued by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office. The plate may be detachable.
The towing vehicle’s registration certificate must not be changed.
In the event that the towing vehicle is sold, the rear plate of the trailer with a GVWR of 750 kg or less, or of the light tow bar, must be returned to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office
There is a fee associated with this service - Please see STC - Tarifs 2020 en vigueur
Formulating the request
The application must be sent to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office using the appropriate form, duly completed and signed.
The form may be:
- Downloaded online: Various requests (385-0021_03-2020)
- Collected from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office
Collating the documents
You should attach the following to your application:
- A copy of the description of the trailer with a GVWR of 750 kg or less, or of the light tow bar
- A copy of a valid ID document (ID card national passport with proof of address or residence permit), or for companies, a copy of an extract from the Trade and Industry Registry dated of less than 3 months
- The payment, to be made by cash, cheque or postal order (clearable in Monaco or France), made out to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office and Visa or Mastercard bank cards only, in accordance with the current fee schedule
Submitting the application
You should submit the complete application without appointment to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office. A receipt for payment will be issued.
Collecting the registration plate
The rear registration plate, will be available within 72 hours at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office reception desk on presentation of the payment receipt.
- STC - Tarifs 2020 en vigueur 181 kB