How to change the registration of a vehicle that is more than 25 years old to a vintage vehicle registration
Service des Titres de Circulation
23, Avenue Albert II
MC 98014 MONACO CEDEX
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office :
(+377) 98 98 80 14
Fax : (+377) 98 98 40 36
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
Motor vehicles or towed vehicles that are registered in the Principality and have reached the age of 25 years may be kept in the "normal series" or registered in the "vintage vehicle" series.
In the latter case, a change of registration must be requested. The number plates and registration number are kept; only the registration certificate is amended, with an entry stating "Vintage Vehicle".
Vehicles registered in the Vintage series may only be driven occasionally or at rallies and other events where the participation of vehicles of a particular type is required.
However, they are authorised to be driven in the Principality under the same conditions as vehicles registered in the normal series.
When they have to be driven outside the Principality in order to be transported to venues of rallies or other events, a declaration must be drawn up in triplicate. This declaration is made in a counterfoil book issued by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office.
The first two parts must be sent to the Police Department and the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office respectively, at least three days before the date of departure of the vehicles mentioned in the declaration, the postmark serving as proof. The third part must be kept by the drivers and presented at any checks.
A vehicle registered in the "vintage" series is not subject to the annual technical inspection for vehicles over 25 years old, provided there is no change of ownership.
There is a fee associated with this service - Please see STC - Tarifs 2020 en vigueur
Formulating the request
The request for a change of registration must be sent to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office using the appropriate form, duly completed and signed.
The form may be:
- Downloaded online: Various requests (385-0021_03-2020)
- Collected from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office
Collating the documents
An application for registration must be accompanied by the following documents:
- The original copy of the registration certificate
- A copy of a valid ID document (ID card or national passport with proof of address, or residence permit) or a copy of an extract from the Trade and Industry Registry dated of less than 3 months
- A report from a Monegasque technical inspection dated of less than six months
- The payment, to be made by cash, cheque or postal order (clearable in Monaco or France), made out to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office and Visa or Mastercard bank cards only, in accordance with the current fee schedule
Submitting the application
You should submit the complete application without appointment to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office. A payment receipt will be given, along with the counterfoil book.
Collecting the registration certificate
The registration certificate, will be available within 72 hours of receipt of the application, at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office reception desk on presentation of the payment receipt.
- STC - Tarifs 2020 en vigueur 181 kB