How to report the loss or theft of a professional licence
Service des Titres de Circulation
23, Avenue Albert II
MC 98014 MONACO CEDEX
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office :
(+377) 98 98 80 14
Fax : (+377) 98 98 40 36
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
In the event of the loss or theft of a professional licence, a duplicate may be requested.
The documents concerned are as follows:
- Professional licence
- Medical and land transport card
- Electronic tachograph company card
- Electronic tachograph driver card
- Driving instructor's card
- One-off or annual authorisation to use an auxiliary chauffeur-driven vehicle
There is a fee associated with this service - Please see Tarifs 2023 and Codes P6 - P9 - CR
Formulating a request
Requests for a duplicate card must be made to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office by submitting the following documents:
The loss declaration form, duly completed and signed on the original
This form may be:
- Downloaded online: STC016 Demande de duplicata ou de remplacement d'une pièce Interactif (385-0055_16-2022)
- Collected from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office
- Or a copy of the declaration of loss made to the Police Department, in cases when this is undertaken by an authorised representative
- Or a report of the theft, made to the Police Department or the Police in France
- A copy of a valid ID document (ID card or national passport accompanied by proof of address, or residence permit) or copy of the Trade and Industry Registry dated of less than 3 months
- The payment, to be made by cash, cheque or postal order (clearable in Monaco or France), made out to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office and Visa or Mastercard bank cards only, in accordance with the current fee schedule
Any administrative procedure undertaken at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office by a third party must be accompanied by a mandate signed by the principal and by supporting documents showing proof of these persons' identities.
However, it does not allow the representative to sign the documents in place of the principal.
The documents must be written in French or be accompanied by an official translation into French by a sworn translator in Monaco or France.
A list of sworn translators in the Principality of Monaco is available from the Monaco Court of Appeal or on the website www.directory-sworn-translator.com for sworn translators approved by the French Court of Appeal
Submitting the application
To submit your application, you must first make an appointment with an agent of the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office.
You can request an appointment in one of the following three ways:
- Online using the online service made available for this purpose
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone on (+377) 98 98 80 14
The staff of the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office will be waiting for you at the time of the appointment; you should bring with you the documents listed in steps 1 and 2 and your preferred means of payment.
You can find all the information about making an appointment with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office by following this link
You should submit the complete application without appointment to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office. A payment receipt (invoice) and a copy of the loss declaration form, if applicable, will be provided.
Collecting the card
The new card, marked as a duplicate, will be sent directly by post, with acknowledgement of receipt, to the address stated on the form.
- Tarifs 2023 604 kB