How to report the loss or theft of a professional licence
Service des Titres de Circulation
23, Avenue Albert II
MC 98014 MONACO CEDEX
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office :
(+377) 98 98 80 14
Fax : (+377) 98 98 40 36
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
In the event of the loss or theft of a professional licence, a duplicate may be requested.
The documents concerned are as follows:
- Professional licence
- Medical and land transport card
- Electronic tachograph company card
- Electronic tachograph driver card
- Driving instructor's card
There is a fee associated with this service - Please see STC - Tarifs 2020 en vigueur
Formulating a request
Requests for a duplicate card must be made to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office by submitting the following documents:
The loss declaration form, duly completed and signed
This form may be:
- Downloaded online: Perte et duplicata (STC040) (385-0052_01-2019)
- Collected from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office
- Or a copy of the declaration of loss made to the Police Department, in cases when this is undertaken by an authorised representative
- Or a report of the theft, made to the Police Department or the Police in France
- A copy of a valid ID document (ID card or national passport accompanied by proof of address, or residence permit) or copy of the Trade and Industry Registry dated of less than 3 months
- The payment, to be made by cash, cheque or postal order (clearable in Monaco or France), made out to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office and Visa or Mastercard bank cards only, in accordance with the current fee schedule
The documents must be written in French or be accompanied by an official translation into French by a sworn translator in Monaco or France.
A list of sworn translators in the Principality of Monaco is available from the Monaco Court of Appeal or on the website www.directory-sworn-translator.com/ for sworn translators approved by the French Court of Appeal
Submitting the application
You should submit the complete application without appointment to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office. A payment receipt and a copy of the loss declaration form, if applicable, will be provided.
Collecting the card
The new card, marked as a duplicate, will be available within 72 hours at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office reception desk on presentation of the payment receipt, with the exception of the tachograph card.
For this, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office will contact the applicant when it is received. The applicant can then collect it (or send a representative) from the reception desk on presentation of the payment receipt and on signature of a collection slip.
- STC - Tarifs 2020 en vigueur 181 kB