How to obtain an A licence restricted to motor tricycles
Service des Titres de Circulation
23, Avenue Albert II
MC 98014 MONACO CEDEX
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office :
(+377) 98 98 80 14
Fax : (+377) 98 98 40 36
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
Since 1st June 2016, you can't drive tricycles, and particularly symmetrical three-wheel scooters with power exceeding 15 kW, on quadricycle (B1) and car (B) licences, you need an A licence.
However, you can obtain an A licence, restricted to motor tricycles, by providing proof of insurance of a tricycle with power exceeding 15 kW for six months prior to 1st January 2016
Please note: this must be undertaken before 1st May 2020. After this date, it will only be possible to obtain an A1 licence by applying for a two-wheel licence (A1 or A).
For more information, see: "Monegasque driving licence reform – frequently asked questions "
Obtaining and completing the form
To get this form, you can either:
- Download it here Demande d’obtention de la catégorie de permis A1 ou A restreint aux tricycles à moteur (STC012) (385-0048_01-2018)
- Or collect it from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office
Collating the documents
You must provide:
- ID photo
- A photocopy of your Monaco ID card or your residence permit
- Your Monegasque driving licence
- A certificate supplied by your insurance company proving your experience according to the following template: Modèle de justificatif d’assurance catégories A tricycle
- Your payment, using one of the payment methods (cash, cheques payable in Monaco or France and Visa bank cards only)
Submitting the application
You should submit the application to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office.
You will be able to collect your new licence 72 hours after submitting your application.