How to declare the loss or theft of a driving licence
Service des Titres de Circulation
23, Avenue Albert II
MC 98014 MONACO CEDEX
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office :
(+377) 98 98 80 14
Fax : (+377) 98 98 40 36
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
In the event of the loss or theft of a driving licence, the holder must inform the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office immediately and may request a duplicate.
There is a fee associated with this service - Please see STC - Tarifs 2020 en vigueur
Formulating the request
The request for a duplicate of driving licence must be sent to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office by submitting the following documents:
The loss declaration form, duly completed and signed by the holder
This form may be:
- Downloaded online Perte et duplicata (STC040) (385-0052_01-2019)
- Collected from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office
- A copy of the declaration of loss made to the Police Department, in cases when this is undertaken by an authorised representative
- A copy of the report of the theft, made to the Police Department or Police authorities abroad
- A copy of a valid ID document (ID card or national passport accompanied by proof of address, or residence permit)
- The payment, to be made by cash, cheque or postal order (clearable in Monaco or France), made out to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office reception desk and Visa or Mastercard bank cards only, in accordance with the current fee schedule
Submitting the application
You should submit the complete application without appointment to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office. A payment receipt and a copy of the loss declaration form, if applicable, will be provided.
Collecting the driving licence
The new driving licence, marked as a duplicate, will be available within 72 hours at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office reception desk on presentation of the payment receipt.
If the holder of a lost or stolen driving licence is no longer a resident of the Principality, he or she may request a duplicate, to be exchanged in his or her new country of residence.
The request must be made to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office under the same conditions as those specified above, by including the following documents with the application:
A medical certificate issued less than three months ago, if the validity of the licence has expired, issued by a doctor in the Principality of Monaco who is authorised to conduct medical examinations to determine fitness to drive a land Vehicle, in accordance with the model provided for that purpose
Medical certificate for licence AM, A1, A2, B1, A and B (STC016) (385-0011_02-2020)
Medical certificate for the C1, C1E, D1, D1E licences, B adapted licence, BE, C, CE, D, and DE licences (STC017) (385-0013_02-2020)
Permis de conduire - Note de constatations personnelles du Médecin (STC018) (385-0015_01-2017)
- A certificate of departure issued by the Residents Section of Police Department
The duplicate driving licence will bear the words "Licence not valid for driving from (date of departure from the Principality stipulated on the certificate from the Police Department+1 year). This document is issued only to allow an exchange of the licence abroad".
You are reminded that a certificate of validity for a driving licence may also be requested to enable a driving licence to be exchanged abroad.
See the procedure "How to request a certificate of validity for a driving licence "
- Perte et duplicata (STC040) (385-0052_01-2019) 549 kB
- Permis de conduire - Note de constatations personnelles du Médecin (STC018) (385-0015_01-2017) 176 kB
- Medical certificate for the C1, C1E, D1, D1E licences, B adapted licence, BE, C, CE, D, and DE licences (STC017) (385-0013_02-2020) 355 kB
- Medical certificate for licence AM, A1, A2, B1, A and B (STC016) (385-0011_02-2020) 354 kB
- STC - Tarifs 2020 en vigueur 181 kB