How to apply for an international driving licence
Service des Titres de Circulation
23, Avenue Albert II
MC 98014 MONACO CEDEX
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office :
(+377) 98 98 80 14
Fax : (+377) 98 98 40 36
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
If you need to drive abroad, you must have an international driving licence. This licence is an official translation of your Monegasque licence. You must request it before leaving the Principality.
International driving licences are valid for three years.
There is a fee associated with this service - Please see STC - Tarifs 2020 en vigueur
Formulating the request
The request for an international driving licence must be sent to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office using the appropriate form, duly completed and signed.
The form may be:
- Downloaded online Application for national or international driving licence (STC010) (385-0009_03-2020)
- Collected from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office
Collating the documents
The request for an international driving licence must be accompanied by the following documents:
- A copy of a valid ID document (ID card or national passport accompanied by proof of address, or residence permit)
- A recent, coloured ID photo, on a light background, frontal view, bareheaded, of size 35x45, not scanned
- The original of the driving licence driving licence if issued before 15 June 2015
- The payment, to be made by cash, cheque or postal order (clearable in Monaco or France), made out to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office and Visa or Mastercard bank cards only, in accordance with the current fee schedule
Submitting the application
You should submit the complete application without appointment to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office. A receipt for payment will be issued.
Collecting the international driving licence
The international driving licence will be available within 72 hours at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office reception desk of on presentation of the payment receipt.
Renewing an international driving licence
On expiry, the international driving licence may be renewed, on request to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office, by submitting the same documents as for the initial application and under the same conditions.
- STC - Tarifs 2020 en vigueur 181 kB