How to obtain an A tricycles licence by proving your experience
Service des Titres de Circulation
23, Avenue Albert II
MC 98014 MONACO CEDEX
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office :
(+377) 98 98 80 14
Fax : (+377) 98 98 40 36
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
Since publication of the Ordinance no. 5.274 of 1 April 2015 modifying the ordinance no. 1.691 of 17 December 1957 regulating road traffic rules (Highway Code), modified, holders of a category B driving licence may obtain a category A licence, with restriction of use to motor tricycles, based on verification of their records. They must provide proof that they were insured to drive a tricycle with a power greater than 15 Kw for 6 months before 1 January 2016.
Those who have had their driving licence suspended, withdrawn or cancelled during the five years preceding the request may not take advantage of this option.
Please note: this must be undertaken within five years of the publication of the Sovereign Ordinance, that is, since before 1st May 2020.
There is a fee associated with this service - Please see STC - Tarifs 2020 en vigueur
Formulating the request
The request for an A licence by proving your experience must be sent to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office using the appropriate form, duly completed and signed.
The form may be:
- Downloaded online Demande d’obtention de la catégorie de permis A1 ou A restreint aux tricycles à moteur (STC012) (385-0048_01-2020)
- Collected from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office
Collating the documents
The request for an A tricycles licence by proving your experience must be accompanied by the following documents:
- The original of the driving licence
- A copy of a valid ID document (ID card or national passport accompanied by proof of address, or residence permit)
- A recent, coloured ID photo, on a light background, frontal view, bareheaded, of size 35x45, not scanned
- A certificate supplied by your insurance company proving your experience according to the following template: Modèle de justificatif d’assurance catégories A tricycle
- The payment, to be made by cash, cheque or postal order (clearable in Monaco or France), made out to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office or Visa or Mastercard bank cards only, in accordance with the current fee schedule
Submitting the application
You should submit the complete application without appointment to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office. A receipt for payment will be issued.
The original of your driving licence will be returned to you with a validity of 15 days (unless sent by post), enabling you to drive until the new driving licence is issued.
Collecting the driving licence
The new driving licence, will be available within 72 hours at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office reception desk on presentation of the payment receipt.