How to apply for a subsidy to take out a supplementary health insurance policy
Direction de l'Action et de l'Aide Sociales
23 avenue Albert II
Department of Social Welfare and Social Services :
(+377) 98 98 41 00
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
Subsidy to take out a supplementary health insurance policy may be granted to people:
- Of Monegasque nationality, or who have been resident in the Principality on a stable or regular basis for at least five years
- Whose daily living allowance is below a ceiling set by ministerial decree
The fixed amount of this subsidy is determined by ministerial decree depending on the age of the applicant, and cannot exceed the amount of the annual fee charged by the insurer.
This subsidy is a legal right for those who are in receipt of the monthly retirement allowance, the state benefits for the elderly, and social unemployment allowance.
Collating the documents
You should contact the Department of Social Welfare and Social Services (DASO) on 98 98 41 00 for the list of documents that must be submitted.
Applying for subsidy to take out a supplementary health insurance policy
To obtain this subsidy, you must submit the request for payment of the annual fee.
Payment is made annually directly to the insurer.
- Act no. 1.465 of 11 December 2018 on Monegasque family and social assistance
- Ordonnance n. 5.744 du 03/03/2016 relative à l'aide à la souscription d'une assurance complémentaire santé
- Ministerial Decree no. 2016-152 of 03 March 2016 implementing the Sovereign Ordinance no. 5.744 of 3 March 2016 on subsidy to take out a supplementary health insurance policy