How to apply for a prenatal allowance from the SPME
Service des Prestations Médicales de l'État
19, Avenue des Castelans
Stade Louis II - Entrée C
98014 MONACO CEDEX
State Medical Benefits Office :
(+377) 98 98 81 39
Fax : (+377) 98 98 41 67
Opening Hours : Public opening: from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday - By phone: from 8.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
- Articles 18 and 19 of the Sovereign Ordinance No. 7.155 of 10 October 2018 on the granting of dependency allowances to civil servant, other Government and Commune staff
- And Articles 1 to 3 of the Ministerial Decree no. 2018-952 of 10 October 2018 implementing the aforesaid Ordinance
In the event of pregnancy, individuals who are insured with the State Medical Benefits Office (SPME) or assignees may apply for a prenatal allowance.
The amount of prenatal allowance is established each year by Ministerial Decree.
Obtaining and completing the form
To get this form, you can either:
- Download it here Allocations Prénatales (369-0002_01-2017)
- Or collect it from the State Medical Benefits Office
Asking your doctor to complete the form
Before the end of the third month of pregnancy, you must ask the doctor who registered the pregnancy to complete the form.
Submitting your form
You can either:
- Hand in your duly completed and signed form, together with the required documents, to the State Medical Benefits Office (SPME) between 9.30 am and 5 pm from Monday to Friday, or in it post box. No appointment is needed
- Or send your duly completed and signed form, to the State Medical Benefits Office by post
Prenatal allowances are paid directly to you, once approved. A letter may be sent to you requesting additional information or notifying you of refusal.