How to apply for a holiday allowance
Service des Prestations Médicales de l'État
19, Avenue des Castelans
Stade Louis II - Entrée C
98014 MONACO CEDEX
State Medical Benefits Office :
(+377) 98 98 81 39
Fax : (+377) 98 98 41 67
Opening Hours : Public opening: from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday - By phone: from 8.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
In accordance with Articles 35 to 38 and 40 of the Sovereign Ordinance No. 7.155 of 10 October 2018 on the granting of dependency allowances to civil servant, other Government or Commune staff:
The holiday allowance is allocated to households whose head is a civil servant, or other Government or Commune staff, if the household income does not exceed the threshold defined by Ministerial Decree.
The recipient is the person to whom the family benefits are paid.
If the child lives alternately in the home of each parent, half of the holiday allowance is paid to each parent, unless a court order or written agreement between the parents designates the parent to whom the allowance is to be paid in full.
In accordance with Article 40 of the Sovereign Ordinance no. 7.155 of 10 October 2018, noted above, and the Ministerial Decree establishing the household income threshold for the payment of the holiday allowance and special allowance for the start of the school year to civil servant, other Government or Commune staff.
The resources taken into account for the calculation of the above-mentioned ceiling are comprised of:
- Total income made from gainful employment, for the year preceding the current year, including retirement pensions of the head of the household and the spouse
- Maintenance allowances and, if necessary, contributions to the expenses associated with the upkeep of common children which are either collected or deducted from the income of the head of the household or the spouse, for the year preceding the current year, are also taken into account
Family benefits, housing allowances and social welfare are not, however, included in the calculation of resources.
Obtaining and completing the form
To obtain the form you can:
- Download and fill it here Demande d'allocations annuelles (369-0020_01-2020)
- Collected from the State Medical Benefits Office
Collating the documents
In accordance with Articles 26 and 27 of the Ministerial Decree no. 2018-952 of 10 October 2018 implementing the Sovereign Ordinance no. 7.155 of 10 October 2018Civil servants and Government or Commune officials who are in receipt of the Single Wage Allowance or Family Support Allowance or have already provided the State Medical Benefits Office (SPME) with proof of their resources with regard to the payment of an annual allowance do not have to send them again.
Other applicants must send the following documents to the State Medical Benefits Office:
- Couples who are married or living together:
- A copy of the payslip for the month of December during the year preceding the current year, showing the total annual net taxable income of the spouse or partner who is not covered by the State Medical Benefits Office
- If this is not available, a certificate of salary drawn up by their employer stating the total net income received between 1 January and 31 December of the year preceding the current year
If the spouse or partner is not in paid employment: a sworn declaration to this effect
Attestation sur l'honneur (369-0025_01-2020)
- Couples who are divorced or separated:
- A document certifying the total monthly amount of maintenance payments received from the former spouse/partner or paid to the former spouse/partner
- If no maintenance payments are received or paid: a sworn declaration to this effect
Submitting or sending off the application to the SPME
Before the last Friday of June of the current year, your duly completed and signed form, together with the required documents may be:
- Hand in, without appointment, to the State Medical Benefits Office (SPME) between 9.30 am and 5 pm from Monday to Friday, or in it post box
- Sent to the State Medical Benefits Office by post
In the event of approval, the holiday allowance will be given to you directly. We will write to you only if we require further information or if your application is refused.