How to apply for a foreign language specialisation grant
Direction de l'Éducation Nationale, de la Jeunesse et des Sports
Avenue de l'Annonciade
MC 98000 MONACO
Department of Education, Youth and Sport :
(+377) 98 98 83 05
Fax : (+377) 98 98 85 74
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
Specialisation grants are available to individuals who are in paid professional employment in the Principality and who wish to acquire specialised vocabulary in a foreign language necessary for their profession. The grant can be awarded:
- Either for a period of stay of one month
- Or for a longer period of stay, not exceeding one year
You must justify the benefits that your stay abroad will bring to your company and to the development of your career by submitting a statement from your employer, stamped by the Ministry of Finance and Economy. The government reserves the right of discretion regarding the selection and location of the proposed establishment.
The amount awarded for a specialisation grant is decided by the government on a case by case basis, taking into account the actual costs of the stay, the resources of the company and any potential earnings that you could receive from this stay abroad.
Obtaining and completing the form
To get this form you can either:
- Fill in the form online Demande de bourse de spécialisation dans la connaissance d'une langue étrangère (n° 327-0011_02-2018)
- Or collect it from the Department of Education, Youth and Sport
Collating the documents
- A request on plain, unheaded paper
- The completed and signed form
- A copy of your birth certificate
- A statement from your employer declaring that your stay abroad will be beneficial to the company and your professional future. This statement must be stamped by the Ministry of Finance and Economy
- A pre-registration certificate from the language school, stating the number of language class hours per week
- A certificate of overall net income received between January and December of the previous year
- An overall statement from the Social Services Compensation Fund (CCSS) showing family allowance payments and benefits (special allowance for the beginning of school year, education allowance, end of year allowance) received between January and December of the previous year
- A sworn statement of all other income (security and capital investments, bank interests, etc.) received between January and December of the previous year or a sworn statement of non-receipt (based on a supplied template)
- Two stamped (Monegasque stamps at the current rate) window envelopes, DL 110 x 220mm
Submitting the application
You must submit your application including all required supporting documents to the Department of Education, Youth and Sport before 31 July. Then, a grace period is granted until 14 August, with a penalty of 10% on the total amount of the grant.
All applications will be acknowledged by letter as soon as possible, with confirmation of receipt.