Service des Prestations Médicales de l'État
19, Avenue des Castelans
Stade Louis II - Entrée C
98014 MONACO CEDEX
State Medical Benefits Office :
(+377) 98 98 81 39
Fax : (+377) 98 98 41 67
Opening Hours : Public opening: from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday - By phone: from 8.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
In accordance with Articles 33 and 34 to 39 of the Sovereign Ordinance No. 7.155 of 10 October 2018 on the granting of dependency allowances to civil servant, other Government and Commune officials.:
The orphan’s allowance is payable to civil servants and other Government and Commune officials for each child in respect of whom they receive family allowances, where the other parent has died or is presumed dead or declared absent in accordance with Articles 84 to 115-4 of the Civil Code.
The orphan’s allowance is also payable, under certain conditions, to any individual who is not a civil servant, other Government or Commune officials, or employed by any public organisation, who takes in and cares for any child who has lost one or both parents and one of whose parents has died or is presumed dead or declared absent in accordance with the provisions of the Civil Code, noted above.
This allowance is no longer paid when the orphan ceases to be dependent on the beneficiary, ceases to attend an educational establishment or reaches the age of 21.
Obtaining and completing the form
To get this form you can either:
- Download it here Demande d'allocation d'orphelin (369-0023_01-2019)
- Or collect it from the State Medical Benefits Office
Collating the documents
In accordance with Articles 18 of the Ministerial Decree no. 2018-952 of 10 October 2018 implementing the Sovereign Ordinance no. 7.155 of 10 October 2018
You must supply to the State Medical Benefits Office the following documents:
- Depending on the case, the death certificate of the father or mother of the child(ren) or both parents, or the ruling establishing the presumption of absence of the father or mother or both parents
- The birth certificate of each child
- A certificate of attendance at an educational establishment for each child
Submitting your application
You can either :
- Hand in your duly completed and signed form, together with the required documents, to the State Medical Benefits Office (SPME) reception desk between 9.30 am and 5 pm from Monday to Friday, or in it post box. No appointment is needed
- Or send your duly completed and signed form, together with the required documents to the State Medical Benefits Office by post
In the event of approval, the orphan’s allowance will be given to you directly. We will write to you only if we require further information or if your application is refused.
- Demande allocation orphelin 524 kB