How to apply for the special allowance for the start of the school year
Direction du Budget et du Trésor
12, Quai Antoine 1er
MC 98015 MONACO CEDEX
Department of Budget and Treasury :
(+377) 98 98 87 73
Fax : (+377) 98 98 84 26
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
In accordance with Articles 35 to 38 and 1 of the Sovereign Ordinance No. 7.155 of 10 October 2018 on the granting of dependency allowances to civil servant, other Government and Commune officials. and the article 28 of Ministerial Decree no. 2018-952 of 10 October 2018 implementing the Sovereign Ordinance no. 7.155 of 10 October 2018
The special allowance for the start of the school year is paid to married and unmarried households of which at least one member is a civil servant or other Government official if:
The allowance is paid to households whose income does not exceed a threshold defined annually by ministerial decree and:
- Who collect family allowances from the State Medical Benefits Office on behalf of their dependent child or children during the current month of July
- Or where the head of household works in France or in the private sector in Monaco, are not eligible to receive a similar allowance from another family benefits system
The recipient is the person to whom family benefits are paid.
Where parents have joint custody and the child’s time is divided between the two homes, the special allowance for the start of the school year is split, with half paid to each parent, unless there is a court order or written agreement between the parents designating one parent to whom the allowance is to be paid in full.
In accordance with Article 41 of the Sovereign Ordinance no. 7.155 of 10 October 2018, noted above, and the Ministerial Decree establishing the household income threshold for the payment of the holiday allowance and special allowance for the start of the school year to civil servant, other Government and Commune officials:
When calculating the threshold, the following are taken into account:
- Total income made from gainful employment, including retirement pensions of the head of the household and the spouse
- Maintenance allowances and, if necessary, contributions to the expenses associated with the upkeep of common children which are either collected or deducted from the income of the head of the household or the spouse, for the year preceding the current year, are also taken into account
Family benefits, housing allowances and social welfare are not, however, included in the calculation of resources.
Obtaining and completing the form
To get this form you can either:
- Download it here Demande d'allocations annuelles (369-0020_01-2020)
- Or collect it from the State Medical Benefits Office
Collating the documents
In accordance with Articles 26, 27 and 31 of of Ministerial Decree no. 2018-952 of 10 October 2018 implementing the Sovereign Ordinance no. 7.155 of 10 October 2018, noted above, applicants must supply to the State Medical Benefits Office the following documents:
- Couples who are married or living together:
- A copy of the payslip for the month of December during the year preceding the current year, showing the total annual net taxable income of the spouse or partner who is not covered by the State Medical Benefits Office
- If this is not available, a certificate of salary drawn up by their employer stating the total net income received between 1 January and 31 December of the year preceding the current year
If the spouse or partner is not in paid employment: a sworn declaration to this effect
Attestation sur l'honneur (369-0025_01-2020)
- Couples who are divorced or separated:
- A document certifying the total monthly amount of maintenance payments received from the former spouse/partner or paid to the former spouse/partner
- If no maintenance payments are received or paid: a sworn declaration to this effect
The application and required documents must be submitted to the State Medical Benefits Office before the last Friday of June of the current year for payments to be made in August.
Submitting your application
You can either:
- Hand in your duly completed and signed form, together with the required documents, to the State Medical Benefits Office (SPME) reception desk between 9.30 am and 5 pm from Monday to Friday, or in it post box. No appointment is needed
- Or send your duly completed and signed form, together with the required documents to the State Medical Benefits Office by post
In the event of approval, the allowance will be given to you directly. We will write to you only if we require further information or if your application is refused.