Service des Prestations Médicales de l'État
19, Avenue des Castelans
Stade Louis II - Entrée C
98014 MONACO CEDEX
State Medical Benefits Office :
(+377) 98 98 81 39
Fax : (+377) 98 98 41 67
Opening Hours : Public opening: from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday - By phone: from 8.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
In accordance with Articles 27 to 30 of the Sovereign Ordinance No. 7.155 of 10 October 2018 on the granting of dependency allowances to civil servant, other Government and Commune officials. and the article 17 of the Ministerial Decree no. 2018-952 of 10 October 2018 implementing the Sovereign Ordinance no. 7.155 of 10 October 2018, the current civil servant, other Government or Commune staff are eligible to claim a crèche allowance, from the date of the application, provided that they meet the following conditions:
- The head of your household must be affiliated with the State Medical Benefits Office (SPME) and must be in receipt of family benefits
- The two parents in the household must be employed
- A parent living alone must be responsible for the care of his or her child(ren)
- The household income must not exceed the ceiling established by ministerial decree
The crèche allowance is paid for children aged three or under on the first day of the school year, who are enrolled in a crèche or cared for at home by a childminder accredited by the Department of Health Affairs in Monaco or a community social services centre in France.
It is paid subject to the beneficiary sending the SPME an invoice from the childcare establishment or a receipt of payment from the childminder within thirty days of the date of issue.
In cases when the child(ren) reside(s) alternately at the domicile of each parent, the crèche allowance is paid as follows:
- Half to each of them when they are both in employment
- Half to the beneficiary only, when the other parent is not in employment
Obtaining and completing the form
To get this form you can either:
- Download it here Demande d'allocation de crèche (369-0018_01-2019)
- Or collect it from the State Medical Benefits Office
A form must be completed for each child.
Collating the documents
You must provide the State Medical Benefits Office with any documents proving that your child is registered in a crèche:
- Any document proving that your child(ren) is/are registered in a crèche, such as a certificate of enrolment in a crèche in Monaco or a contract for a crèche place in France or a copy of an employment contract showing that the accredited childminder is employed by the parent(s)
- All supporting documents proving the household income of the recipient
- If the spouse or partner of the head of the household is employed in the private sector: a declaration from their employer dated within the past three months
- A certificate showing that the child has not been admitted to a preschool class in a state school (in the case of children who have reached the age limit)
- An invoice from the childcare establishment or a receipt of payment from the childminder
Income includes the following:
- All income at the household’s disposal
- The retirement pensions of the beneficiary and his or her spouse or partner
- Compensatory payments, maintenance payments and, where relevant, contributions to child maintenance which are collected or deducted from the income of the recipient, their spouse or or partner
Family benefits, housing benefits and social welfare are excluded from this calculation.
Submitting your application
You can either:
- Hand in your duly completed and signed form, together with the required documents, to the State Medical Benefits Office (SPME) reception desk between 9.30 am and 5 pm from Monday to Friday, or in it post box. No appointment is needed
- Or send your duly completed and signed form, together with the required documents to the State Medical Benefits Office by post
In the event of approval, the benefit will be given to you directly. We will write to you only if we require further information or if your application is refused.
This allowance will not be paid if the invoice from the childcare establishment or payment receipt from the childminder is sent to the State Medical Benefits Office after the deadline.