How to obtain a travel document for a resident under 16
Direction de la Sûreté Publique - Division de Police Administrative
4, rue Louis Notari
MC 98000 MONACO
Residents Section :
(+377) 93 15 30 17
(+377) 93 15 30 18
Opening Hours : from 9h00 to 17h00 from monday to friday
Principle and conditions
Residence permits are not issued to minors under 16.
A travel document can be issued to make it easier for foreign minors to travel.
This document is valid for a maximum of five years. It ceases to be valid on the child's 16th birthday or on the expiry date of the residence permit of the person making the request.
There is no charge for issuing a travel document for a foreign minor.
Obtaining and completing the form
To get this form, you can either:
- Or collect it from the Residency Section
Collating the documents
You must submit :
- A birth certificate of the child or a family record booklet
- The passport of the child
- The identity card of the parent(s) who makes the request
- An ID photo of the child
- If applicable, a proof of your legal situation toward the minor (custody, adoption, guardianship…)
Submitting the application
The file must be submitted to the Residents' Section by one of the parents.
The travel document can be collected after 3 days.