How to register a non-trading company
Direction de l'Expansion Économique
9 rue du Gabian
MC 98000 MONACO
Ms Giorgia MARQUET :
(+377) 98 98 93 11
Opening Hours : from 9h30 to 17h00 from monday to friday
Principle and conditions
The purpose of Non-Trading Companies is to carry out activities that are purely of a non-trading nature, such as the management of a real estate portfolio or the pooling of professional resources.
Non-Trading Companies are governed by the Civil Code (Article 1670 to 1711) and by the loi n°797 du 18 février 1966 relative aux sociétés civiles.
They are registered in the special directory of Non-Trading Companies.
Founding a Non-Trading Company does not entail any specific advertising formalities.
Obtaining and completing the form
To get the form, you can either:
- Download it here: Sociétés civiles - Demande d'inscription (355-0018_01-2015)
- Or collect them from the Business Development Agency
Collating the documents
You must provide the following documents:
- Three copies of the "Demande d'inscription" form
- A copy of the statutes showing proof of registration with the Tax Services
- Proof of identity of the manager(s) or, if relevant, their official representative, who must also provide all the documents giving proof of this capacity:
- In the case of a natural person, an extract from their birth or marriage certificate or a copy of an ID card, residence permit or passport
- In the case of a legal entity, an extract from the registration document with the directory of trade and industry or an equivalent document in the case of a foreign company, or, for Monegasque associations, a certificate of registration with the directory of voluntary associations
- For a natural person representing a legal entity, if he or she is not shown on the extract from the registration certificate of the company, proof of identity must be attached (an extract from their birth or marriage certificate or a copy of an ID card, residence permit or passport) and, if relevant, a copy of the decision designating him or her in this capacity, translated into French if applicable.
- Proof of address of the manager(s)
Submitting your application
You should send or take the documents to the Business Development Agency.
You will have to pay a joining fee of 65 euros by cheque made payable to the “RCI” (Trade and Industry Registry) or in cash to the counter of the service.
If the documents, such as a copy of the registration form or copy of the company’s entry in the Trade and Industry Registry, are sent in the post, then postage fees must be added to these registration fees.