How to request an incentive payment for photovoltaic-type electricity-producing devices
Direction de l'Environnement
3, Avenue de Fontvieille
MC 98013 MONACO
Department of the Environment :
(+377) 98 98 83 41
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 12.30 and from 1.30pm to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
A grant is available for installing photovoltaic-type electricity-producing devices installed by a professional installer in Monaco.
This grant is:
- Aimed at installations with installed capacity of more than 3kWp
- Guaranteed for 15 years
It can be requested by:
- Any private or public property owner
- A representative of the owners, in the case of joint ownership
- The managing agent or representative of a co-owned building
- A third-party investor who has agreed a contract with one of the persons referred to above
The amount of the grant available for current applications is:
- 0.36 € excluding taxes per kWh generated for equipment that is not an integrated part of the building
- 0.53 € excluding taxes per kWh in other cases
The amount of the grant is revised on 1 November every year.
For further information, please refer to the Articles A172-2-1 and the subsequent articles in the Environment Code.
Certificate of eligibility for a grant
The energy producer may, in advance of installation work, request that the Department of the Environment issue an eligibility certificate guaranteeing that the producer will receive the grant following completion of the work.
The producer must send to the Department of the Environment, by email or by post, a technical description and an installation plan.
Following review, the Department of the Environment will issue a certificate of eligibility which is valid for one year and can be renewed on request.
Obtaining and completing the form
To obtain the grant request form, you can:
- Download it here: Photovoltaïque - Demande de versement (389-0005_01-2021)
- Or collect it from Department of the Environment
Collating the documents
The application for the incentive payment must contain the following documents:
- The request form for the payment of the grant accompanied by the annexe, duly completed (available in step 1)
- A declaration of ownership or a copy of the proxy agreement in the case of a representative
- A detailed invoice for the installation drawn up by a professional
- A copy of the letter about the inspection visit if the work does not require application for a building permit, or in the case of an application for a building permit, a copy of the letter relating to the securing of final authorisation to occupy the premises in accordance with Article 188 of the Ordinance no. 3.647 of 9 September 1966 concerning urban development, building and road works
- A copy of the certificate of civil liability insurance stating that the photovoltaic equipment has been declared
- A copy of the contract for the metering service agreed with the Société Monégasque de l’Electricité et du Gaz or the metering certificate (indicating the date of entry into service and the features of the equipment, as well as the meter reading on entry into service) where the Société Monégasque de l’Electricité et du Gaz is the producer of the photovoltaic electricity
- In the event that the producer is a third-party investor, a copy of the contract agreed between the investor and the owner
Submitting the application
Once the work has been completed, the applicant must send the Department of the Environment the application for payment of the grant:
- By email to email@example.com
Or by post to : Direction de l’Environnement
3, avenue de Fontvieille
- Ordinance no. 3.647 of 09 September 1966 concerning urban development, building and road works, amended
- Ministerial Decree No. 2013-642 of 20 December 2013 laying down safety rules to be respected when installing photovoltaic-type electrical production devices
- Ministerial Decree no. 2021-412 of 07 June 2021 pertaining to grants for the production of photovoltaic electricity
- Ordinance no. 3.647 of 9 September 1966 concerning urban development, building and road works