How to request an incentive payment for photovoltaic-type electricity-producing devices
Direction de l'Environnement
3, Avenue de Fontvieille
MC 98013 MONACO
Department of the Environment :
(+377) 98 98 83 41
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 12.30 and from 1.30pm to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
A grant is available for installing photovoltaic-type electricity-producing devices installed by a professional installer in Monaco.
This grant is:
- Aimed at installations with installed capacity of more than 3kWp
- Guaranteed for 15 years
It can be requested by:
- Any private or public property owner
- A representative of the owners, in the case of joint ownership
- The whole of a co-owned property, which can be comprised of private or public owners, through the managing agent or a representative, in the case of the absence of a legal managing agent
The grant is provided, in principle, on the basis of an application.
For the first year, the amount is:
- 0.36 € excluding taxes per kWh for flat roofs
- 0.53 € excluding taxes per kWh in other cases
The amount of the grant is revised on 1 November every year.
For further information, please refer to the notice published in the Journal de Monaco n° 8223 of 1 May 2015 .
Obtaining and completing the form
To obtain the grant request form, you can:
- Download it here: Photovoltaïque - Demande d’accord de principe (389-0004_01-2017)
- Or collect it from Department of the Environment
Collating the documents
The application for the incentive payment must contain two copies of each of the following documents:
- The request form for the agreement in principle, accompanied by the annexe, duly completed
- A declaration of ownership or a copy of the proxy agreement in the case of a representative
- An estimate provided by a professional installer
- A copy of authorisation to undertake the work, issued by the Department of Forward Studies, Urban Planning and Mobility
Submitting the application
The complete application for the agreement in principle must be submitted to the Department of the Environment.
When the application has been examined, the Department of the Environment will notify the applicant of its agreement in principle.
Once the agreement in principle has been notified and the work undertaken, the applicant must submit an application to the Department of the Environment for the incentive payment.
The payment application form can be collected from the Department of the Environment or downloaded by clicking on the following link: Photovoltaïque - Formulaire versement (389-0003_01-2017)
Collating the documents for the payment request
The application for the incentive payment must include two copies of each of the following documents:
- The payment application form, with the annexe, duly completed
- A copy of the letter setting out proof that the work has been successfully completed, in accordance with Article 118 of the Sovereign Ordinance of 9 September 1966, amended
- A detailed invoice prepared by a professional installer
- A copy of the civil liability insurance policy stating that the photovoltaic installation has been declared
Submitting the payment request application
The payment request application for the incentive payment should be submitted to the Department of the Environment.
Payment of the grant is subject to validation of this application.
Once the agreement for making the incentive payment has been notified, the applicant must provide the Department of the Environment with a copy of the metering contract agreed with the "Société Monégasque de l'Electricité et du Gaz" (SMEG).