As soon as the pregnancy is confirmed
Arrange the first prenatal examination
During this first examination, the doctor completes a declaration of pregnancy which will be sent to welfare bodies.
Declare my pregnancy to welfare bodies
- Caisses Sociales de Monaco (Monaco Social Security Funds)
- Service des Prestations Médicales de l'État (State Medical Benefits Office)
Apply for a pre-natal allowance
During the pregnancy
Declare my pregnancy to my employer
I may inform my employer of my pregnancy when I want.
This allows stipulations concerning the protection of pregnant women to protect me.
Find out about leave
Make childcare arrangements
Acknowledge the child before birth
The father can acknowledge the chid at the Town Hall during the pregnancy.
The acknowledgment can also be done when the birth is declared or at any time after birth.
During the four days which follow the birth of the child
Declare the birth of my child
- Choose the first name and surname of my child
Children of Monegasque nationality
The Mairie de Monaco gives a standard letter when you declare the birth in order to apply for childbirth allowance .
After the birth
Inform the authorities of the birth and the change in circumstances
Declare the birth to welfare bodies
Parents who are not of Monegasque nationality
Declare the birth at the Embassy of my country of provenance
Parents who reside in the Principality
Declare the change in family circumstances to the Police Department
Apply for allowances
Mother or father who stays at home
- Parents who are civil servants or other Government officials: Apply for the single wage allowance “Prime au foyer”
- Children of Monegasque nationality: Apply for the allowance for fathers or mothers who stay at home
- Civil servant or other Government officials: Apply for the family support allowance
Children of Monegasque nationality: Apply for the allowance for fathers/mothers who are the head of the household
Children who go to crèche or nursery
- Civil servant or other other Government officials: Apply for a crèche or nursery bonus
- Insured by the Monaco Social Security Funds: Apply for a contribution to the expenses associated with crèche or nursery