How to apply for the social unemployment allowance
Direction de l'Action et de l'Aide Sociales
23 avenue Albert II
Department of Social Welfare and Social Services :
(+377) 98 98 41 00
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
The social unemployment allowance can be paid to anyone:
- Of Monegasque nationality
- Who is actively seeking work
- Who has insufficient means as a result of absence from or involuntary termination of employment
- Who has previously worked for a minimum period of six months
- Whose ASSEDICS rights are at an end, or who is without any legal rights
The daily amount of the allowance is paid on a means-tested basis. A supplement is paid for dependent children.
State medical assistance is automatically granted to recipients and their dependants.
Collating the documents
You should contact the Department of Social Welfare and Social Services (DASO) on 98 98 41 00 for the list of documents that must be submitted.
Applying for the social unemployment benefit
To be eligible for this allowance you must:
- Be registered with the Employment Office
- Make a monthly request to the Department of Social Welfare and Social Services (DASO) Specialised Trainer who is responsible for promoting access to employment
- Provide the supporting documents requested by the Department of Social Welfare and Social Services (DASO)
The allowance is paid monthly.
- Act no. 1.465 of 11 December 2018 on Monegasque family and social assistance
- Ordinance-law no. 300 of 16 September 1940 on unemployment allowances
- Ministerial Decree no. 2018-172 of 12 March 2018 setting the amount of unemployment benefit and the maximum monthly income for beneficiaries in accordance with Ordinance-Law No. 300 of 16 September 1940