How to request financial help facilitating access to a student loan
Direction de l'Éducation Nationale, de la Jeunesse et des Sports
Avenue de l'Annonciade
MC 98000 MONACO
Department of Education, Youth and Sport :
(+377) 98 98 83 05
Fax : (+377) 98 98 85 74
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
To benefit from financial support that is complementary to study grants, young Monegasques can request financial help from the State to facilitate access to a loan.
This financial help can be requested by Monegasque students of a maximum age of 30 as of 31 December of the calendar year in which the loan request is made. The student must be enrolled in higher education training leading to a diploma or a qualification in accordance with the regulations in force in the country in which it is dispensed.
In principle, the Monegasque State acts as a guarantor for the student at accredited banking establishments and pays the interest and additional costs of the loan.
Thus, at the end of his or her studies, the student only has to reimburse the capital actually borrowed.
Obtaining and completing the form
To get this form, you can either:
- Download it here Etat financier relatif à la demande d'aide au prêt étudiant (301-0012_02-2017)
- Or collect it from the General Secretariat of the Government
Collating the documents
You must provide:
- A covering letter describing the course of study, the establishments attended, the training envisaged and the amount of the loan requested
- Birth certificate
- A certificate of nationality
- Applicant's copy of criminal record
- Any supporting documents stating that an admission request is under way and giving details of the nature of the course of study, the year of the studies and the exact type of diploma issued at the end of the training for which financial help from the State is requested
- Any relevant documents and information on the training in question, the diploma issued and the establishment in which the student is enrolled
- The completed application form, accompanied by supporting documents that make it possible to assess the amount of the loan requested
All these documents must be originals or certified copies.
For documents in foreign languages, an official translation into French must be provided.
Submitting the application
The application should be sent to the Minister of State by registered post with acknowledgement of receipt, or submitted to the General Secretariat of the Government in return for a receipt.
This request may be made at any time during the academic year.
If your request is accepted, you will then be directed to the banking establishments that are accredited by the Prince's Government, to make the financial application.
The loan contract between the student and the accredited banking establishment that is providing the load can then be signed.
- Act no. 1.425 of 6 May 2016 establishing state financial aid to facilitate student access to loans
- Ministerial Decree no. 2016-572 of 16 September 2016 relating to the procedures for requesting state financial aid to facilitate student access to loans
- Sovereign Ordinance no. 6.067 of 16 September 2018 appointing members of the commission established by Act No. 1.425 of 6 May 2016 establishing state financial aid to facilitate student access to loans