How to apply for a subsidy for canteen
Direction de l'Éducation Nationale, de la Jeunesse et des Sports
Avenue de l'Annonciade
MC 98000 MONACO
Department of Education, Youth and Sport :
(+377) 98 98 83 05
Fax : (+377) 98 98 85 74
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
Pupils educated in state educational establishments in the Principality who fulfil the conditions below can benefit from a subsidy for canteen. This subsidy is intended to help pupils' parents or legal guardians with the cost of canteen.
Applications must be made before the 15 November of the current school year.
Pupils who belong to one of the categories below can request the canteen subsidy:
- Pupils of monegasque nationality, or, if they are foreigners, who have the right to opt for the aforesaid nationality
- Pupils of foreign nationality born of a monegasque ascendant; from a family where one of the parents is monegasque; or the dependant of a monegasque national
- Pupils of foreign nationality who are dependents or orphans of a Government or Commune officials, or of an employee of a public institution or a French authority based in the Principality in accordance with the Treaty for at least five years, in employment or retired, and in the latter case, living in Monaco or one of the neighbouring towns
- Pupils of foreign nationality whose parents have lived in Monaco for at least ten years
The parents must also fulfil one of the following conditions:
- Be a widowed, divorced or separated father or a widowed, divorced or separated mother
- A family in which both parents carry out a professional activity
- A family with at least three children living at home
Collating the documents
To apply, you must provide the following documents:
- Applicant’s birth certificate
- Family civil status form or copy of family record booklet
- A certificate of nationality for monegasque children
- A certificate of nationality of the parents, for children of Monegasque parents
- A certificate of 10 years of uninterrupted residence for foreigners (including French nationals) whose parents do not work for the Administration
- A global statement of net salaries from January to December of the past year, or proof of the net income received in the course for the same period for traders or workers in industry
- A global statement from the Social Services Compensation Fund (CCSS) showing the family allowances and other payments (such as the special payment at the start of the new school year, special educational payment and end-of-year payment) received from January to December of the past year
- A global statement relating to the non-working parents allowance from January to December of the past year
- In the case of divorced parents, any document that gives proof of the re-indexed amount of the maintenance allowance (divorce ruling, a declaration from the bank or an affidavit from the father) received from January to December of the past year
- For all family members aged over 18, a sworn declaration stating any additional income (securities and income from investments, bank interest, etc.) received from from January to December of the past year (or a declaration of non-receipt), according to the model provided on page 3 of the application form for the school meals subsidy. Please note that an affidavit must be duly signed by each person aged over 18 who lives in the household (including students)
- International banking details (IBAN)
- Two window envelopes (DL 110 x 220), stamped for a 50-gramme letter (i.e. 2 Monegasque stamps at the current postal rate per application)
How to apply using the online service
Submitting the application
Applicants should note that applications received after 15 November, or the nearest working day, will not be considered.
Calculating canteen subsidies
You can use the following tool to estimate the amount of subsidy you are likely to receive : "Calculate canteen subsidies "
Applicants should note that this calculator provides an estimate of the amount of the study grant that they may be eligible to receive. The amount shown is for information purposes only, and in no way incurs any liability on the part of government departments.
A definitive amount will be provided only once the application and required supporting documents have been sent to the Department of Education, Youth and Sport and following review of the application by the relevant technical departments.