Sandwich courses in the Principality
Service de l'Emploi - Cellule Emploi-Jeunes
17 rue Princesse Florestine
MC 98000 Monaco
Youth Employment Unit :
(+377) 98 98 41 78
Opening Hours : By appointment from Monday to Friday.
Sandwich courses are a type of work-integrated learning designed to help young people aged from 16 to 26 into employment.
While studying for a higher education qualification (from the "CAP" up to Masters’ degrees, covering all sectors), you also gain professional experience while receiving remuneration for the duration of your studies. Click here to see the pay scale.
The scheme also enables employers to train young people directly for the company’ requirements.
In Monaco, the scheme is run by the Youth Employment Unit part of the Employment Office. It is responsible for putting young Monegasques, or residents of the Principality and neighbouring municipalities who have studied in Monaco, in touch with companies able to help them realise their project. It also handles the administrative formalities involved. Once the contract has been signed, the Youth Employment Unit visits the company regularly to monitor the young person in the workplace.
You can also download the information brochure "The Apprenticeship Contract" opposite: Brochure Contrat d'apprentissage
Assistance of the Employment Office
You can contact the Youth Employment Unit who will help you find a host company. They will put you in touch with companies who may be interested in you as a candidate and will assist you in your dealings with these companies.
Full information about the Youth Employment Unit can be found on its dedicated website
You can also contact the Unit directly by phone on 188.8.131.52 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
If you are a company looking to recruit a young person on a sandwich course, click here
Sandwich degrees in the Principality
The partnership established in 2007 between the Department of Employment, through the Youth Employment Unit, and the Monaco Association for Financial Activities (Association Monégasque des Activités Financières - AMAF) enabled the creation of the first professional training qualification which is unique to the Principality of Monaco. The International University of Monaco has been an educational partner since the start of the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Bachelor Business Administration option Monaco Banking & Financial Services
As a result of this initiative, a Bac +3 level qualification, Bachelor Business Administration option Monaco Banking & Financial Services, has been developed. This Bac+3 level (Bachelor's degree level) diploma is the only banking vocational training diploma, and is specific to the Principality of Monaco. The qualification’s curriculum covers the issues faced by Monaco’s banking sector, since part of the course content has been developed by industry professionals themselves. This guarantees that graduates will have a working knowledge of Monaco’s banking environment and will be able to integrate quickly into the labour market
- Master of Science in Finance - Corporate Banking & Financial Institutions
Since the start of the 2019-2020 academic year, to meet demand from the Principality’s financial centre, it has been possible to study for a Master of Science in Finance - Corporate Banking & Financial Institutions as part of a sandwich degree course, with classes taught at the International University of Monaco.
For more information about course content, please contact the International University of Monaco / (+377) 97 98 69 86.
Remuneration varies depending on age and level of education, based on the pay scale that can be found by clicking this link
- Ministerial Decree no. 2008-353 of 9 July 2008 laying down terms for the allocation and rates of reimbursement for expenses associated with theoretical training for apprentices
- Ministerial Decree no. 2008-352 of 9 July 2008 determining the structure of the offer of apprenticeship
- Sovereign Ordinance no. 1.726 of 9 July 2008 determining the form, legal notices and terms of an apprenticeship contract
- Act no. 1.341 of 03 December 2007 pertaining to apprenticeships
- Sovereign Ordinance no. 1.728 of 9 July 2008 pertaining to the operation of the commission for early termination of apprenticeships
- Sovereign Ordinance no. 1.727 of 9 July 2008 pertaining to the financing terms for expenses associated with the theoretical training of apprentices
- Ministerial Decree no. 2008-356 of 9 July 2008 pertaining to the early termination of an apprenticeship
- Ministerial Decree no. 2008-355 of 9 July 2008 determining the structure of the end of apprenticeship certificate
- Ministerial Decree no. 2008-354 of 9 July 2008 pertaining to dangerous work to which apprentices may not be subjected
- Circulaire n° 2022-6 du 28 avril 2022 relative à la rémunération minimale des apprenti(e)s lié(e)s par contrat d'apprentissage applicable à compter du 1er mai 2022