How to request a declaration of equivalence for a diploma
Centre d’Information de l’Éducation Nationale
18, avenue des Castelans
MC 98000 MONACO
Ms Cécile KAPPLER :
(+377) 98 98 87 63
Fax : (+377) 98 98 41 74
Opening Hours : from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm and from 1.30 pm to 5.30 pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
In Monaco, the legal principle of equivalence for a diploma does not exist. A declaration of recognition of level of study in higher education can be requested from the Monaco ENIC Centre.
See the factsheet: "Monaco ENIC Centre "
This declaration has no legal value; it simply makes it easier to read a diploma. It cannot be used outside Monaco.
The academic or professional training for which the declaration is requested must:
- Be at higher education level or give access to it
- Have a minimum duration of 6 months or correspond to a minimum of 60 ECTS credits
Incomplete applications will not be dealt with.
All applications will be subject to an enquiry with the higher education establishments abroad in which the diplomas have been obtained or with the competent authorities in the applicant's country.
Declarations of equivalence of a diploma are issued free of charge.
Obtaining and completing the form
To get this form (in english, in french or in italian), you can either:
Download it here
ENG Application for recognition of a level of studies (327-0036_02-2018)
Demande de reconnaissance de niveau d'études (327-0036_01-2018)
IT Richiesta di riconoscimento dei titoli di studio (327-0036_01-2018)
- Or collect it from the Academic Counselling and Education Resource Centre
Collating the documents
You must provide:
- Valid ID (ID card, passport, residency permit)
- A CV that summarises the applicant's academic and professional history
- The original or a copy of the diploma for which a declaration is requested, accompanied by a certified translation into French for documents written in a language other than French, English or Italian
- A photocopy of documents showing proof of the official duration of the studies issued by the educational establishment (this could take the form of a supplement to the diploma, copies of marks obtained, certificates of attendance at an educational establishment, etc.) accompanied by a certified translation into French for all documents written in a language other than French, English or Italian
These items are obligatory; the application will not be accepted or dealt with if one of the aforesaid elements is missing.
Submitting the application
You should deliver the application in person to the Academic Counselling and Education Resource Centre, or if this is not possible, send it by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The average response time varies from between two weeks to three months according to the complexity of information to be verified.