How to enrol your child in secondary school
Direction de l'Éducation Nationale, de la Jeunesse et des Sports
Avenue de l'Annonciade
MC 98000 MONACO
Department of Education, Youth and Sport :
(+377) 98 98 83 05
Fax : (+377) 98 98 85 74
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
Education is compulsory for all children aged six to sixteen who are Monegasque nationals or living in Monaco. Education in the State sector is free; the private sector is fee-paying.
The "collège" is a secondary school for the first phase of secondary education.
You must enrol your child or children during the time-periods stipulated by the Department of Education, Youth and Sport, unless you have moved to the Principality during the school year.
School enrolment periods
For the school year 2018-2019, the enrolment periods at State schools, are from Monday 15 January to Friday 23 February 2018.
Outside these periods , you should contact the Department of Education, Youth and Sport.
Choosing a School for Your Child
If your child will be joining the 6e (Year 7), 5e (Year 8), 4e (Year 9) or 3e (Year 10) you can choose between:
- State education
- Private education under contract
Collège Charles III
Avenue de l'Annonciade
Phone: (+377) 98 98 86 75
In addition to the usual curriculum, the school offers four special sections:
- English plus / European section
- International option
Support is available at all levels, as is a self-service canteen, a swimming pool and gymnasium, and an information and documentation centre.
Collating the documents
- The secretarial office of the school provides you with the registration form for the 6e (Year 7)
- Fill out the form
- Return the form to the secretarial office of the school which will forward it directly to the Collège Charles III
- The secretarial provides you with the registration form for the 6e (Year 7)
- Fill out the form
- Return the form to the secretarial office of the school which will forward it directly to the collège FANB
- Download and complete the form Demande d'inscription (327-0001_02-2017)
- Make an appointment with the secretarial office by calling (+377) 98 98 88 87
- Outside these periods, you should contact the Department of Education, Youth and Sport
College Web site: www.college-charles3.mc
To apply, you will need the following documents:
- The enrolment form
- A certificate of nationality and domicile for Monegasques and Monegasque ascendants
- A certificate stating that you have lived in Monaco for at least three months, for people domiciled in Monaco
- If you have moved to Monaco recently: a residence card or a confirmation slip for a residence permit note that enrolment will only be definitive on presentation of a photocopy of your residence card)
- The child's certificate of civil status, a photocopy of your family record book or a birth certificate showing proof of parentage
- A photocopy of the child's vaccination records
- Three window envelopes (DL 110 x 220) with stamps affixed at the current postal rate
- Three ID photos of the child
- For divorced parents: the divorce ruling (translated into French if necessary) and, in cases of shared parental custody, a letter from the second parent authorising schooling in Monaco, accompanied by a photocopy of an official document (such as an ID card or driving licence.)
- For parents who are separated: a photocopy of the official document specifying the adult who has custody and, in cases of joint parental custody, a letter from the second parent authorising schooling in Monaco, accompanied by a photocopy of an official document (such as an ID card or driving licence.) If you do not have an official document, you should provide a photocopy of a family allowance statement and a photocopy of your social insurance card
Testing to assess the child's level
A test will be carried out to assess your child's level if:
- His or her mother tongue is a language other than French
- Your child was previously enrolled in a private school that was not under contract
In both cases, the Department of Education, Youth and Sport will send you the contact details of the Head of the school. You can then arrange the date of the test with him or her.