How to nominate someone for an honorary distinction
Secrétariat Général du Gouvernement
Place de la Visitation
MC 98000 MONACO
Ms Maria DERI :
(+377) 98 98 82 18
Fax : (+377) 98 98 82 17
Principle and conditions
There are 5 types of honorary distinctions :
- Medals of the Order of Saint Charles
- Medals of the Order of the Grimaldi
- Medals of the Order of Cultural Merit
- Medals for Physical Education and Sports
- Long Service Medals
Nominations can be made each year between april and mid-june.
For 2017, nominations can be made from March 27th and by :
- May 26th for people of any nationality other than Monégasque or French for medals of the Order of Saint Charles, Order of the Grimaldi and Order of Cultural Merit
- June 2nd in other cases
The awarding of honorary distinctions takes place every year in november, as part of the National Day.
Using the online service
Once the form is submitted, a reference number will appear confirming that your proposal has been taken into account.
The notices for discounts decorations are sent in late October early November.
- Ordinance of 06 December 1924 instituting a long service medal
- Ordinance no. 2.333 of 20 August 1939 instituting a physical education and sport medal
- Ordinance no. 689 bis of 31 December 1952 instituting the Order of Cultural Merit
- Ordinance no. 1.028 of 18 November 1954 instituting the Order of the Grimaldi
- Ordinance of 16 January 1863 laying down the statutes of the Order of Saint-Charles
- Ordinance of 16 January 1863 concerning the Order of Saint-Charles