Measures to promote ecological vehicles
Direction de l'Environnement
3, Avenue de Fontvieille
MC 98013 MONACO
Department of the Environment :
(+377) 98 98 83 41
Fax : (+377) 92 05 28 91
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 12.30 and from 1.30pm to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
Government incentives for owners of ecological vehicles are not limited to subsidies at the time of purchase. They also relate to the daily use of the vehicle.
These incentives are available to both individuals and businesses.
Vehicles must fulfil two conditions:
- They must be new
- They must be registered in Monaco
Two different types of subsidy are available, depending on the type of energy used to power the vehicle.
- The subsidy is 30% of the price of the vehicle, including all taxes, not including optional extras (additional features required by the buyer, such as top boxes, metallic paint, etc., are not taken into consideration)
- With regard to four-wheeled vehicles for businesses, the subsidy is calculated on the total amount excluding taxes and excluding additional features, because VAT is reclaimed
- There is a ceiling of 9,000 € for four-wheeled vehicle and 3,000 € for two-wheeled vehicle
Hybrid petrol-powered vehicle
Hybrid diesel-powered vehicles are not eligible for purchase subsidies.
A lump sum is paid, depending on the vehicle:
|Fully hybrid two-wheeled vehicles with an electric motor >= 2.6 kW||CO2 emission of the vehicle in g/km||Four-wheeled semi-hybrid vehicles with an electric motor >= 9 kW||Fully hybrid four-wheeled vehicles with an electric motor >= 29kW||"Plug-in" rechargeable hybrid vehicles|
|800 € for a CO2 emission <= 47||<= 20||3500 €||5500 €||8000 €|
|21 to 50||3500 €||5500 €||6000 €|
|51 to 60||2000 €||3500 €||5000 €|
|61 to 110||2000 €||3500 €||0 €|
Free Recharging of Electric Vehicles
- In public car parks
- At the recharging points in the Place du Palais
At the "Auto-Bleue" recharging points for season ticket holders of public car parks in Monaco, with a parking card and on condition that an identification sticker is displayed on the windscreen (these can be collected from the Public Car Parks Office)
- At the recharging points in the Place des Moulins and the lower end of the Rue Grimaldi
Exemption from annual sticker
Electric vehicles are exempt from the annual car sticker.
- Free parking on the public highway for electric vehicles
- Reduction for season ticket holders for public car parks for vehicles emitting less than 130 grammes of CO2/km