How to apply for a driver card (electronic tachograph)
Service des Titres de Circulation
23, Avenue Albert II
MC 98014 MONACO CEDEX
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office :
(+377) 98 98 80 14
Fax : (+377) 98 98 40 36
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
Drivers of vehicles of over 3.5 tonnes and of vehicles with more than nine seats who are resident in Monaco must have a driver card.
Driver cards are issued for a period of five years, for a payment of 204.50 € for own use rights.
Each driver is responsible for the use and safe keeping of his or her card. The driver card is unique to the holder and authenticates him or her as the user of the equipment installed.
Cards are not renewed automatically; you will need to request renewal.
Cards can be replaced if they are lost, stolen or faulty. A replacement fee is charged, except in the case of malfunction due to a technical fault of the card, when the fault can be attributed to the Driver and Vehicule Licensing Office. If you apply for a replacement for a malfunctioning card, you must return the faulty card.
There is a fee associated with this service - Please see STC - Tarifs 2017 en vigueur
Obtaining and completing the form
To get this form, you can either:
- Download it here Chronotachygraphe électronique - Demande de carte conducteur (385-0041_01-2017)
- Or collect it from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office
Collating the documents
You must attach the following to your request:
- An ID photo (35 mm wide by 45 mm high – your face must fill 70 to 80 % of the photo)
- A copy of your valid driving licence (with categories C and D)
- A copy of your valid residence permit or Monegasque ID card
- One means of payment (cash, cheques payable in Monaco or France and Visa bank cards only)
Submitting the application
You should take all the documents to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office.
- STC - Tarifs 2017 en vigueur 162 kB