How to apply for the crèche bonus
Service des Prestations Médicales de l'État
19, Avenue des Castelans
Stade Louis II - Entrée C
98014 MONACO CEDEX
State Medical Benefits Office :
(+377) 98 98 81 39
Fax : (+377) 98 98 41 67
Opening Hours : Public opening: from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday - By phone: from 8.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
If you are a civil servant or other Government official who is currently working or retired, you may apply for a crèche bonus.
To apply, you must fulfill the following conditions:
- The head of your household must be affiliated with the State Medical Benefits Office
- The income of the head of your household, civil servant or other Government official, must remain below 451 index points
- You and your spouse are in gainful employment
- Or, you are a single parent with a dependent child
- Or, your spouse is incapable, for medical reasons, of assuming the responsibilities of a parent
The crèche bonus is allocated for children of a maximum of three years of age who are enrolled in a for-profit childcare establishment or cared for by a childminder approved by the Department of Social Welfare and Social Services.
Preparing an application to the SPME
To apply for the allowance, you must prepare a request on plain paper and submit it to the State Medical Benefits Office (SPME).
Submitting an application to the SPME
Provide the SPME with any documents proving that your child is registered in a crèche:
- A registration certificate
- A certificate of non-admission to a preschool class of State education
- A medical certificate concerning the spouse's illness, if applicable
In the event of approval, the benefit will be given to you directly. You may be sent a letter asking you for further information.