How to apply for the special allowance for the start of the school year
Direction du Budget et du Trésor
12, Quai Antoine 1er
MC 98015 MONACO CEDEX
Department of Budget and Treasury :
(+377) 98 98 87 73
Fax : (+377) 98 98 84 26
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
The special allowance for the start of the school year is paid in August to married and unmarried households of which at least one member is a civil servant (or other Government official) if:
The allowance is paid to households whose income does not exceed a defined threshold (defined annually and published by the SPME in an information note in June) and:
- They collect family allowances from the SPME on behalf of their dependent child or children during the current month of July
- If the head of the household is in gainful employment in the private sector, they are not entitled to collect a similar allowance from another family benefits system
The resources taken into account are comprised of the total income made from gainful employment, including retirement pensions of the head of the household and the spouse.
Maintenance allowances and, if necessary, contributions to the expenses associated with the upkeep of common children which are either collected or deducted from the income of the head of the household or the spouse are also taken into account.
Family benefits and housing allowances are not, however, included in the calculation of resources.
Submitting the application to the DBT
You must submit the following documents to the Department of Budget and Treasury, accompanied by your civil servant (or other Government official) ID number on each document:
- For individuals who are married
- A copy of your payslip for December of the previous year in which the year-to-date net taxable income of the spouse or other member of the household is detailed
- Or, failing this, a certificate prepared by their employer specifiying the net income made from 1 January to 31 December of the previous year
- For individuals who are divorced or separated, the monthly amount of maintenance allowances collected or provided to the former spouse
- For other Government officials who do not have two years of seniority and whose spouse (or the individual with whom they cohabit) does not (or no longer) exercises paid activities, a sworn certificate which confirms these circumstances is required
Civil servants or other Government officials who either collect the single wage (Prime au foyer) or the family support allowance are not, under any circumstances, required to provide any document.