Service de l'Emploi - Cellule Emploi-Jeunes
2 rue princesse Antoinette
MC 98000 Monaco
Ms Melissa FRATACCI :
(+377) 98 98 41 78
Opening Hours : By appointment from Monday to Friday.
An apprenticeship consists of alternating between in-company training and theoretical training in order to obtain a State-recognised qualification. Its duration must therefore be the same as the time required to study for the qualification.
The initiative is now a resounding success. It has several advantages:
- For the firm, it means that a young person can be trained, initiated in working methods and company culture, their progress assessed, and perhaps later be recruited under a contract of employment
- For the young person, it enables them to both have theoretical training by attending a training centre, and practical training in the company. In this way they acquire some professional experience - which is essential when they will later look for work - and at the same time study for a qualification, and be paid on the basis of a percentage of the minimum wage which varies according to their age and the duration of the apprenticeship
Many apprenticeships lead to employment, since the young person already knows the firm, its products or clients and has already proved his/her worth.
Apprenticeships and training/work-experience contracts are for young people from 16 to 26 years old, whatever their level of studies, wishing to continue their training (from CAP to DESS) whilst benefiting from professional experience.
The firm must pay the apprentice using the scale in force, which varies according to the apprentice's age and level of training (See Ciculaire n° 2016-17 du 28 décembre 2016 relative au S.M.I.C. Salaire Minimum Interprofessionnel de Croissance applicable à compter du 1er janvier 2017).
The firm must pay the apprentice's training fees.
Assistance of the Employment Office
You can contact the Youth Employment Unit who will help you find a host company. They will put you in touch with companies who may be interested in you as a candidate and will assist you in your dealings with these companies.
- Sovereign Ordinance no. 1.728 of 9 July 2008 pertaining to the operation of the commission for early termination of apprenticeships
- Act no. 1.341 of 03 December 2007 pertaining to apprenticeships
- Sovereign Ordinance no. 1.726 of 9 July 2008 determining the form, legal notices and terms of an apprenticeship contract
- Ministerial Decree no. 2008-352 of 9 July 2008 determining the structure of the offer of apprenticeship
- Ministerial Decree no. 2008-353 of 9 July 2008 laying down terms for the allocation and rates of reimbursement for expenses associated with theoretical training for apprentices
- Circulaire n° 2016-12 du 28 décembre 2016 relative au S.M.I.C. Salaire Minimum Interprofessionnel de Croissance applicable à compter du 1er janvier-2017
- Circulaire n° 2016-14 du 28 décembre 2016 relative à la rémunération minimale des apprenti(e)s lié(e)s par contrat d'apprentissage applicable à compter du 1er janvier 2017
- Ministerial Decree no. 2008-354 of 9 July 2008 pertaining to dangerous work to which apprentices may not be subjected
- Ministerial Decree no. 2008-355 of 9 July 2008 determining the structure of the end of apprenticeship certificate
- Ministerial Decree no. 2008-356 of 9 July 2008 pertaining to the early termination of an apprenticeship
- Ciculaire n° 2016-17 du 28 décembre 2016 relative au S.M.I.C. Salaire Minimum Interprofessionnel de Croissance applicable à compter du 1er janvier 2017
- Sovereign Ordinance no. 1.727 of 9 July 2008 pertaining to the financing terms for expenses associated with the theoretical training of apprentices