How to charge for your Artistic Work
Institut Monégasque de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques
9 rue du Gabian
MC 98000 MONACO
Monaco Statistics :
(+377) 98 98 98 88
Fax : (+377) 98 98 87 59
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
The following are considered occasional artists: performers and people covered by the provisions of Act No. 491 of 24th November 1948 who undertake their artistic activity for profit, but not on a professional basis.
People of Monegasque nationality or who reside in the territory of the Principality must undertake their artistic activity for leisure or as a complement to:
- An independent activity, liberal or salaried profession
- An unemployment benefit
- General retirement pensions and supplementary pensions paid by Monegasque and foreign entities
- Income from investments and /or property
Registering with the IMSEE
You must complete your statistical registration (NIS) with the Monegasque Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies (IMSEE)
To qualify for registration, you must provide:
- The declaration of registration for Statistical Identification Number form, duly completed and signed
- A copy of your national ID card or residence permit
- A copy of your lease agreement, if the activity is not carried out at your home
- References, if relevant
After your application has been received and examined, you will be sent a certificate stating your Statistical Identification Number (NIS).
Making a declaration to the Department of Tax Services
Once you have completed your registration with Monaco Statistics, you must also declare your activity to the Department of Tax Services .The declaration of activity is an obligatory formality, under article 66 of the Tax Code on revenue.
To declare your activity, you must provide the certificate stating your Statistical Identification Number (NIS).
There is no charge for this formality. The declaration is made directly to the Department of Tax Services, at the Tax Division counter.
Contributing to the CAMTI/CARTI
Artists registered with IMSEE as an occasional artist may, if if they wish, contribute to the CAMTI/ CARTI .
- Act no. 491 of 24 November 1948 concerning the protection of literature and works of art
- Ordinance no. 3.095 of 24 January 2011 establishing the Monegasque Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies and of The Scientific Council for Statistics and Economic Studies
- Ministerial Decree no. 70-415 of 07 December 1970 determining the date from which the use of a reference number which is attributed to industrial, trade, commercial and other establishments is obligatory
- Ministerial Decree no. 66-055 of 09 March 1966 attributing a reference number to industrial, trade, commercial and other establishments and rendering the use of this reference number obligatory for official categorisation and statistics