Visa Exemption for Monegasques in Transit in China
Since 1 November 2016, Monaco has been on the list of countries for which China applies a visa exemption for transits in the territory, for a maximum period of 72 to 144 hours, depending on the airport. This policy was implemented by China in 2013.
Monegasque nationals are exempted from visas as long as they completely satisfy the following conditions:
1) The stay must be a "Transit" stay, i.e. the stop in China must be followed by a destination other than the country of embarkation for China (round trips are therefore not taken into account for the application of this measure);
2) When entry into China is via one of the following airports: Beijing, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Shenyang, Dalian, Guilin, Xi’An, Kunming,Tianjin, Qingdao, Xiamen, Wuhan, Harbin and Changsha, the visa exemption will be applied for a maximum period of 72 hours.
3) When entry into China for a Transit stay is via one of the following airports: Shanghai, Hangzhou and Nanjing, the visa exemption will then apply for a maximum period of 144 hours.
4) The visa exemption will be granted when the Monegasque national enters China via one of the abovementioned airports and is currently issued for a single Administrative Area.
5) To benefit from these measures, travellers must carry the following documents:
- a passport that is valid for at least 6 months, containing 2 blank pages
- a confirmed air ticket for a destination other than the country of embarkation for China, following transit in China
Travellers wishing to benefit from this measure must inform the airline of this when they check in their luggage, fill in an Arrival/Departure card during the flight and make the in-transit visa exemption request as soon as they leave the plane.